2011년 1월 15일 토요일

What reflections and connections can you make with this novel?

When I read the book, I frequently found myself stopping at parts saying "What the..."
The idea about cannibalism, bloodthirst, treachery made me disgusted that it often made me left astonished time to time. Their way of lifestyle was not immoral, it was amoral. When I was asked to answer this question, I found myself relating the Sawi people as the exact opposite of the image of God. They did not have love for others, they did not sacrifice themselves for a greater cause, and most of all, they fed on humans.

Reading the book made me connect myself to the Sawi people. Before meeting God, I acted violently and immorally. I remember going to church at 3rd grade and looking at a figurine of Jesus. The feelings I felt under the cross was so great to me that the image of the cross came up everytime I wanted to act badly. I related to my experiences of accepting God to the Sawi's

댓글 1개:

  1. Wow this graphic is rather scary. Not really the way I perceive my saviour. I delight in the fact that Jesus watches me in love. I can't imagine the Lord not caring for us. So many times in my life I have experienced Christ's compassion and deep love for me. I hope that you too will know His great love for you.

    답글삭제